Education & Credentials:
- Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, AMFT 99819 – 2017
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology: Clinical – 2016
- Bachelor of Arts in Clinical Psychology – 2010
Certifications and Training:
- Attachment: Core Concepts for Clinical Practice/The Basics of Attachment Theories and Clinical Applications - 2019
- Trauma Grief: Working with Multiple Issues of Loss - 2019
- Trauma Informed Systems (TIS) Training - 2018
- Building Strong Brains: ACEs The Role of Life Experiences in Shaping Brain Development - 2018
- Nature or Nurture: Drugs, Alcohol and the Vulnerable Child - 2017
- A Culture-Centered Approach to Recovery - 2016
- Introduction to Family Acceptance Project: Helping Families Support Their LGBTQ Children - 2016
- Depressive Disorders in Children and Adolescents - 2016
- Trauma-Focused CBT (TF-CBT) - 2016
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - 2016
- Understanding and Working with Shame - 2015
- Certificate CANS 5+ 2.0 - 2015-2020
- Certified SCC Health Realization/3 Principles Trainer - 2008
- Certified Medical Hypnotherapist - 2007
- Certified American Seminar Leader - 1996
- Certified Hypnotherapist – 1993
- 6-years with the Bill Wilson Center (2015-2020) in Santa Clara, CA. Provided psychotherapy for adolescents, teens, individuals, couples, and families coming into the BWC youth shelter and counseling clinic to address issues related to child/parent conflict, feelings and symptoms related to grief, stress, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, self-harm, eating disorders, suicide ideation, suicidality, substance use, trauma, family structural changes and issues pertaining to phase of life transitions. Demonstrated history of working with symptoms of physical, emotional, verbal, and sexual abuse. In addition, experience working with occurrences of personality and mood disorder, adjustment disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, PTSD and OCD. Offering family support surrounding issues with teen gender identity (LGBTQ). Provided on-site grief groups for Loss of a Parent, teen groups for Drug and Alcohol Education, and teen groups for Teen Runaway Prevention.
- 12-years with Santa Clara County (SCC) Alcohol and Drug Services/Behavioral Health Services as a Prevention Analyst. Provided AOD Education to parents and youth, organized the county Mentoring Coalition, resurrected the Youth-Led Leadership Club on high school/middle school campuses. Directed classes/workshops in Health Realization/3 Principles Understanding for the surrounding community: local agencies, school districts and county staff.
- Providing underperforming high-risk youth with support to help them discover their own innate abilities and potential.
- Working with clients of all ages to address the factors that keep them from living a full, authentic, and empowered life.
- Assisting young couples to enhance communication and understand each other’s differences.
My most favorite thing is spending time with family and friends often catching up and sharing good food. I enjoy biking along the ocean and I recently discovered the exhilaration of e-bikes.
Call to make an appointment: 4087660266