Education & Credentials:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT90422 – 2015
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology – 2013
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – 2005
Previous Clinical Experience:
- Approximately 2 years private practice for Chris Polizzi, Psy.D., at Silicon Valley Psychology (2014-2016). Provided psychotherapy for children, adolescents, couples, and families to address issues related to depression, anxiety, self-harm, suicidality, low self-esteem, traumatic life experiences, substance use, and dysfunctional relationships.
- 2 years community-based mental health services (2012 – 2014), Starlight Community Services, San Jose, CA. Provided psychotherapy for children, adolescents, and families – in home, community, school, and clinic settings – to address issues related to grief, trauma, low self-esteem, crisis, self-harm, suicidality, anxiety, depression, substance use, and environmental changes or disturbances. I have gained experience in the family court systems, as well as local school systems.
- Working with adolescents and their families, from a systemic perspective, integrating therapeutic approaches to accommodate the needs of each individual and family.
- Loss, abandonment, relationship issues, death and dying, trauma, and bereavement.
- Master’s Capstone Project: “Dysthymic Disorder in Adolescent Boy”. A case study of a 13-year-old Hispanic boy, struggling with Dysthymic Disorder (now called Persistent Depressive Disorder) including case conceptualization, treatment plan, periodic assessments, effectiveness of interventions used, treatment goals, and outcome. Treatment modality: Virginia Satir’s Communication/Validation Family Therapy.
- Nanometrics, Inc. – Milpitas, CA (2010-2012). Provided support to our customer base and sales team, worldwide, in the semiconductor industry.
I enjoy spending my free time with family and friends, following sports, cooking, crafting, or reading.
Call to make an appointment: 4089217811