Education & Credentials:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT92537 – 2016
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology – 2013
- Executive Education in HRD
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies and Public Relations – 1986
- Founder and President of Anchor Psychology, Inc.
- 3 years private practice for Chris S. Polizzi, Psy.D., (2013 – 2016). Psychotherapy for adults, teens, couples and families with mild to severe depression, anxiety, trauma, marital issues, high conflict couples, families in conflict, bi-polar disorder as well as personality disorders.
- 1-year clinical agency therapeutic service (2013-2014) for Almaden Valley Counseling Services, San Jose, CA. Provided individual, couple and family therapy to address marital issues, parental discord, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief, self-harm, suicidality, substance abuse as well as pre-marital therapy. Provided on-site therapy at Cambrian School District and Campbell Union High School District.
- 1-year agency based therapeutic services (2012-2013) for Chamberlains Mental Health Gilroy, CA. Provided therapy in the Outpatient Clinic for children and families in a highly diverse cultural population. Assessed, evaluated, diagnose and treat individuals, families or groups experiencing psychological distress that affected everyday functioning: oppositional defiance, reactive attachment disorders, self-esteem related issues, marital and family issues. Provided on-site therapy at Elementary and Middle Schools in the Gilroy Unified School District.
- Advanced Training in Cognitive Therapy - Level 1 TEAM training, by David Burns, M.D.
- Certified in Motivational Interviewing
- Certified in Play and Sand Play Therapy
- Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths Assessment- Early Childhood
- CANS (County of Santa Clara)
- Crisis Intervention Telephone Counseling Training – Planned Parenthood
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Hospice Volunteer Training
- Bereavement Outreach Volunteer Training
- Master certified in Frontline Leadership – Supervision Series
- Master certified in Think, Decide, Feel (TDF) instrument
- Master certified in change management (TDF, Bridges, Kotter)
- Master trainer for the Business Leadership Institute
- Univ. Of Michigan Organizational Develpoment Executive Development..
- Master certified in ACE – Achieving Customer Excellence
- Master’s Capstone Project: “Gender Identity Disorder in boys.” A case study of a 10 year old Latino boy with GID including case conceptualization, treatment plan, periodic assessments effectiveness of interventions used, treatment goals, and outcome.
- Integrate HR, LLC – Phoenix, Arizona (01/2007 to 12/2008)
- Executive Coaching / HRD Consultant (09/2001 to 03/2007)
- DHL Airways – Redwood City, California (10/1996 to 08/1997)
- Household Credit Services – California / Nevada / Illinois (09/1991 to 05/1996)
I enjoy spending time with my husband and two sons, as well as other friends and family. I also enjoy interior design, crafting, and thrift shopping.
Call to make an appointment: 4087809744