Education & Credentials:
- Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, AMFT110466 – 2018
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology: Holistic Studies – 2018
- Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication, Minor in Behavioral Approaches – 2003
Certifications and Training:
- Anti-Bias Education for K-12 Educators: Action and Impact Museum of Tolerance
- Trauma-Focused CBT
- PCIT for Traumatized Children Web Course (10 hours)
- Trauma and Somatic Experiencing with Dr. Peter Levine (16 hours)
- Discover Your Inner Resources (7 hours)
- Treating Complex Trauma with Internal Family Systems (IFS) (2-Day Certificate Training)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (4-Day ACT Bootcamp)
- The Science of Well-Being (8-Week Online Course, Yale University)
- Critical Incident Stress Management, Advanced (16 hours)
- Resolving Unfinished Business, Healing the Loose Ends of Loss (2 hours)
- Restorative Practices: Helping Young People Be in Their Bodies: Emotional Awareness for Men and Boys
- ACT-2 with Steven C. Hayes, Ph.D.
- CANS 5+ 2.0 Certificate
- 3 years at Bill Wilson Center (2017-2020) in San Jose, CA. Worked as both an MFT Trainee and AMFT, proving youth and family services, for people ranging in age from 4 - 24 years. Practiced behavioral modification techniques in a caring, directed setting, while utilizing my training in Parent/Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) and Behavior Modification.
- One year as a Co-Facilitator for a Loss of a Partner/Spouse Grief Group and 6 months as a Co-Facilitator for the Healing Hearts Grief Group, both at the Centre for Living with Dying.
- Approximately 1 year at the American Cancer Society (2014), in the "Look Good Feel Better" program. Helped women who were fighting cancer feel better about themselves, teaching them beauty techniques to help manage the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment.
- Working with women in life/role transition.
- Working through grief.
- Working on parenting skills, relationship issues, and setting boundaries.
In my spare time, I like to spend time with my grown children, family members, and friends; attend concerts, art festivals, and sporting events. I enjoy sound healing meditation, yoga, and just being outdoors to walk, hike, or ride my bike.
Call to make an appointment: 4086803411