Education & Credentials:
- Certified Life Coach
- California Single Subject Teaching Credential in Spanish
- Bachelor of Arts, with Honors, in Spanish
Noteworthy Experiences & Qualifications:
- Certified Life Coach
- Staff writer and columnist for the Times Media, Inc. family of newspapers of Silicon Valley
- Writer and editor for recruiting team at Google
- Blogger: The Bay Makers and Things to Know Before You Go
- Experienced leader and event planner for non-profit organizations
- Keynote speaker for local non-profit groups
- 10-year public school teacher
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Works as the owner and writer at The Bay Makers - Baymakers.com - a website highlighting inspiring community members of the San Francisco Bay Area. Interviews nominated community members. Writes compelling human-interest stories about diverse Bay Area residents. Promotes stories on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Spent 6 months (in 2016) at Santa Clara University (via R&D Technical Services) as an External Relations Manager. Interviewed students, faculty, and alumni to write human interest stories about them for SCU's website. Crafted copy for marketing collateral for College of Arts and Sciences. Planned and executed College events for 25 departments of faculty, students, and alumni by coordinating communications and logistics (including facilities, technology, catering, promotion, and scheduling).
- 2 years as the Owner/Writer and Designer of Things To Know Before You Go blog. Blogged on advice topics for young adults. Wrote a manuscript for a book series. Created and maintained a Facebook-like page.
- Sat on the Board of Directors for the San Jose Leadership Council, Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce for 4 years. Co-led SJ Leadership Academy for high school juniors, organizing events to inform and engage them with government and non-profit agencies serving the city of San Jose. Planned and executed community service and social events for membership of 500. Managed communications for bi-monthly newsletter for membership.
- 1 year as the Writer and Editor for Sales Planning Technology Group at Google (via Workforce Logic and Adecco). Wrote and edited presentations for Google execs to support hiring of candidates. Supported team of 20+ recruiters. Worked on tight weekly deadlines in collaborative, fast-paced dynamic.
- 5 years as a Staff Writer and Columnist for Times Media, Inc. of Silicon Valley. Wrote monthly columns for the Almaden Times Weekly, the Evergreen Times, and the Willow Glen Times. Wrote articles for Almaden Times about people and events within the community.
- 10 years as Spanish Teacher, levels 1-3, at Los Gatos High School. Created and implemented relevant lesson plans to engage students in the Spanish language and cultures. Mentored and coached at-risk students.
- Certified Life Coach, Coach Training Alliance (2014-present)
- Community Leadership San Jose (Class of 2010)
- Project Cornerstone Volunteer of the Year (2010)
- Keynote Speaker, Project Cornerstone Asset Champions (2009): Addressed crowd of 800 attendees.
- Project Cornerstone Trailblazer Award (2009)
- San Jose Unified Council of PTAs (2008): Received Outstanding Service Award for founding parent group.
Call to make an appointment: 4083934502